One Drawer Nightstand
About Our Wood
The wood we use to create your One Drawer Nightstand frame and drawer fronts is reclaimed from sources in and around Macon, Georgia. Each piece must pass thorough inspections before we use it to ensure you receive a strong, lasting nightstand. Our hard pinewood is denser than other pieces and features a tighter grain.
You can expect furniture-grade hardness from your nightstand materials. Our craftsmen sand your nightstand pieces to ensure a smooth finish with no splintering, and we will repair holes with dowels or filler when necessary.
Georgia Artisan can apply the right staining options to create a color that matches your vision.
- White wash: Like gray wash, this is a white highlight to the wood that lightens the look while keeping the wood’s unique features visible.
- Gray wash: This is a stain, not a paint, used to add highlight to the wood and give it a gray barnwood look.
- Dark stain: Darker brown staining that features black tones. This option will have the least amount of contrast.
- Medium stain: Darker brown staining with less red than the light stain.
- Light stain: Light brown or tan staining that features amber tones. This option helps bring out the natural features of the wood.
Stains shown (top left to bottom right): white wash, grey wash, dark stain, medium stain, light stain
- Materials: High-quality reclaimed heart pine, 1/2’’ birch plywood, 200 lb. capacity slides ball bearing, oil rub bronze latch
- Sizing: 20-inch width x 20-inch depth x 24-inch height
- Average weight: 150 lbs.
- Nightstand Frame and drawer fronts: Reclaimed hard pinewood
- Drawer boxes: ½” Birch plywood or 7/8” pinewood
- Drawer slides: 200-pound-rated ball bearing slides
Standard nightstand frame dimensions are:
- Width: 20 inches
- Depth: 20 inches
- Height: 24 inches
- Nightstand top overhang: 1 ½-inch overhang on the front and sides; ¼-inch on the back
Dimensions can be customized upon request.
We use high-grade birch plywood or pinewood for the nightstand boxes to ensure squareness and frictionless sliding. Boxes are butt jointed together and feature the following thickness:
- Plywood: ½- inch on sides, 1/8-inch hardboard on bottom
- Pinewood: 7/8-inch on sides, ½-inch plywood on bottom
Georgia Artisan can outfit the nightstand drawer of your choice with an outlet featuring standard receptacles and USB ports. Message us for your outlet location preference.
Recommended Care and Moving Instructions
The One Drawer Nightstand is fairly maintenance-free. Clean as you would any other furniture piece:
- Apply warm water and dish soap or cleaning sprays made for wood surfaces
- Avoid harsh or concentrated chemicals
Wipe away excess water from the nightstand, and do not leave wet glasses or fabrics on the surface for a long time. There is no need for routine refinishing. If scratched, your nightstand is repairable through sanding and retreating.
Your One Drawer Nightstand is delivered fully assembled. It is a heavy, 4-sided furniture piece and requires at least two people for lifting and relocation. Drawers can come out with tabs to help lighten the piece for moving. Complimentary furniture pads are provided upon delivery.
We offer flat rate White Glove shipping to our delivery area for $150 no matter how many pieces are in your order. This includes hand delivery of your piece by two of our carpenters, removal of packaging material, and set up of the product in your desired space. Since our carpenters are the ones delivering, they are equipped to perform on-site repairs.
For all other locations, items are shipped via freight to your driveway. It will be your responsibility to be there upon delivery and move it in to your house. Prices are individually quoted based on shipping location. Small items ship for free via FedEx regardless of shipping location.
White Glove Shipping Area
White Glove Shipping Freight Shipping